Set up and launch lolMiner on AMD’Nvidia
An example of a team to run in Windows:
lolMiner.exe --coin (coin name) --pool (pool address) --port --user (pool wallet or login) --pass (pool password)
Using dual mining mode and separation mode:
An example of using A: mining zil and ETH or zil and ETC on different pools:
Normally, when mining ZIL, you need to mine ETH in the same pool or you need to rely on the pool’s proxy redirection mechanism.The first case limits your mining to one pool, while the latter may have a disadvantage in the form of a lower ETH mining delay or pool transfer instability. lolMiner 1.20 and above allow you to get around the situation by adding a second-tier connection that will collect your ETH (or ETC) shares and transfer them directly to the pool that you like, while the shares of zil will be sent to the zil segments of the zil pool.
Here’s how to set this up:
- Set up the mining SIL as usual.If you’d like to use ETC, select ETCHASH as an algorithm option.The configuration should be complete, which means that if you stop after this point, you should use the usual double mining zil q ETH or zil q etc, as you used to.
- b) Add the option -dualmode zil -dualstratum ETHWALLET .ETHWORKER ETHPOOL : ETHPORT’s team line arguments or additional user settings.Replace elements here in ETHWALLET, ETHWORKER, ETHPOOL and ETHPORT with the desired ETH mining credentials.Please note that it understands “tls: /”tls-/” prefixes to activate ssl when you connect to an additional level.
Now the miner will create both connections at launch, but will mine ETH (or ETC) shares on an additional connection that may be different from the first one that will only be used in zil mining.Please note that this option automatically includes a zil’s cache mode on your 6 and 8G cards.
Examples for each pool:
lolMiner --algo ETHASH --pool eu1-zil.shardpool.io:3333 --user 0x155da78b788ab54bea1340c10a5422a8ae88142f.workerName --pass [email protected]:[email protected] --enablezilcache --dualmode zil --dualstratum [email protected]:2020
lolMiner --algo ETHASH --pool eu-zil.rustpool.xyz:8008 --user 0x155da78b788ab54bea1340c10a5422a8ae88142f --pass [email protected]:[email protected] --worker workerName --enablezilcache --dualmode zil --dualstratum [email protected]:2020
lolMiner --algo ETHASH --pool eu.ethash.k1pool.com:5000 --user K1LOGIN.workerName --enablezilcache --dualmode zil --dualstratum [email protected]:2020
lolMiner --algo ETHASH --pool eu.ezil.me:5555 --user 0x155da78b788ab54bea1340c10a5422a8ae88142f.zil12kfcrls87pzqnneratejhk8xa3wdzlhrdl7w5g --worker workerName --enablezilcache --dualmode zil --dualstratum [email protected]:2020
Use B option: ETH mining on 8G cards when mining ETC on 4G cards
Miners usually allow you to use only one algorithm at a time.With lolMiner 1.20, the miner starts to support the creation of two connections to your favorite pools and mine two algorithms in one instance of the miner.Specifically this mode was created to mine ETCHASH on some GPUS, while others remain on ETH.
Here’s how to set this up:
- Set up ETH mining as usual, no additional settings are required.
- b) Add -dualmode etc -dualstratum ETCWALLET.ETCWORKER : ETCPOOL : ETCPORT for command line arguments or additional user settings.Replace items in ETCWALLET, ETCWORKER, ETCPOOL and ETCPORT with desirable ETC mining credentials.Please note that it understands “tls: /”tls-/” prefixes to activate ssl when you connect to an additional level.
- (c) (Optional) You can use -dualdevices to select those devices that will mine ETC instead of ETH.By default, all 3G and 4G cards will point to a secondary algorithm, while other cards remain on the main algorithm.The option accepts a list of numbers separated by commas, which should be a subset of working devices.For example, a combination of 0.1,2,4,5 -dualdevices 4.5 will result in cards 0.1 and 2 being mined by the first algorithm, cards 4 and 5 will be the second algorithm, and card 3 will be missed. Mining.
How to mine Ethash with your 4G cards.
There are two parameters that have an influence on your 4G mining speed using the so called Zombie Mode with your 4G card.
This parameter can either be given one value that applied for all GPUs in your system or it can be a comma seperated list of values. Note that all cards that are equipped with more then 4G memory will ignore this parameter. A value of 0 is just the lolMiner default. When providing a list of card individual values do not skip those cards that have more then 4G of memory (just set them to 0).
The higher this parameter is choosen the more memory for a partial dag lolMiner is allowed to use. Thus the speed on your 4G cards will increase significantly. Given a recent driver (e.g. amdgpu-pro 20.30 or 20.40) and the right Linux kernel (best is 5.4 at the moment), you can almost always set a value of 4078, on many rigs even 4080. Older drivers or other Linux kernels may require significantly lower values and will perform slower.
Usually values that work fine, should also be good on higher epochs, so this is a one time tuning effort.
This parameter will allow the miner to use additional system resources to speed up the zombie mode on high epochs. Generally setting a value around 2 works best for most systems that have connected their GPUs via PCIe gen2 x1 risers. The tune requires some extra communication of the host with the GPUs and so may struggle on a gen1 link connection.
Per default lolMiner will run a auto tune to find the ideal configuration of your rig. This will totally take approximately 2 minutes per GPU in the system. At the end the miner will output the result of the automatic tuning so it can be replicated in future runs. Note that a new epoch may need to re-run the tuning for perfect results.
As for the –4g-alloc-size all cards that are equipped with more then 4G memory will ignore this parameter. When providing a list of card individual values do not skip those cards that have more then 4G of memory (just set them to 0).
The tune can be deactivated by setting it to 0. Note that each card may need an individual tuning, so it is best to enable it card by card. Values that are set too high will reduce the speed measurably. Use 0 in case the rig shows uncommon instabilities with the tune enabled.
Clock acceleration for Nvidia
You don’t need to fix the clock power limit.If you specify a power limit and it is too low, the watch will not be fixed.So it’s a good recommendation to set a high power limit and reduce the power in watts with the Fix Clock solution, only for Turing and Amper.
HiveOS: you have to specify a direct value in the Core Clock Mhz, in this example we install 750Mhz on RTX 3070, available only after 0.6-202-210331.
MMPOS: In the settings, you have to choose “Lock the clock speed of the GPU,” in this example we install 750 MHz for the RTX 3070.
RaveOS: In Set, you have to specify this option:
oc --fixclk=value, in this example we set 765Mhz on RTX 3070.
- You can set a flat V/F curve using MSI Afterburner.
- Drag the core frequency slider all the way to the left.
- Hit apply.
- Ctrl f to open the V/F curve.
- Find the voltage you want to run and drag it to the right frequency.
- Click “Apply” and everything to the right of the chosen point should align.
CTRL F: Open the voltage curve menu
CTRL – L: Fix the voltage and frequency at the highlighted point
Tab /Shift-Tab: choose the next/previous point
CTRL q UP / CTRL DOWN: increase/reduce the frequency of the chosen point by 10 (would be 1 without ctrl)
Manual: this will work for Linux and Windows 10.
nvidia-smi -i $GPU -lgc $VALUE